Week 3 – still waiting…

We are now entering the third week of waiting. We were told that the parts have not arrived yet and they would not want us to bring Betsy back to the shop yet.  We  are so delayed and behind by two weeks in our plan that we decided to drive up to Red Bluff to pick up our mail. This was at the first forwarding mail that we have requested to be sent to thinking that we will be in that area in the second week of April.  I’m not sure why we are antsy…we are retired and we have nothing else to do! I guess it is the waiting and not knowing when we can get out of here that made us impatient.

By Sunday I paid a visit to my dear friends in Sacramento, the Lambating sisters, Mande Lita and Fely.  I hang out with them for a few hours and enjoyed the delicious lunch that Fely prepared. I also harvested a handful of lemons from their Lemon Tree.

Monday came and we were asked to leave Betsy at the repair shop, Pan Pacific at French Camp.  Since Betsy is our home we are left with no choice but to look for a hotel. We decided to drive up to Murphys a cute little town up north by Hiway 4. We had been there several times in the past, but this is the only town that we would like to stay again if we get stranded or be homeless. An overnight stay won’t hurt, besides there is a Murhpy wine appellation and that is enough motivation to drive up to the hills.